SALMUN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SALMUN

Salvador Model United Nations

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome ICC members!

Go down 
+6
ICCAfghanistan _Liz
ICC U.S.A_Etienne
ICCUK_amanda
ICC Iran_Alana
ICCChair_Jasmine
ICCChair_Luzia
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ICCChair_Luzia
Noob
Noob
ICCChair_Luzia

Welcome ICC members! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Welcome members of SALMUN's ,very special commitee, International Criminal Court! I am Luzia Sento Sé, and along with Jasmine Howard, I am the ICC Chair and will be guiding you in this project!

First of all, I would like to complement all of you accepted and enrolling in our commitee! It was a hard decision and after wise considerations we were able to pick out the best delegates to fullfill the jobs. It's a huge responsability, but I am sure all of you will do great!

The special commitee is different from EVERYTHING in MUN and we will address our debate in an unique way. Since this is a court we will have judges, prosecutors, defendants and witnesses, just like a real court would. Don't worry about language, writing legal papers ( no resolution this time!) or the agenda! We will walk you through everything ! A handbook is being prepared so that you, PASB student or visiting school student, are able to understand everything and refer to when needed!

Anyway, I will be always around if you need me and bug me as much as you want!
you can find me here: luziasentose@gmail.com
here: luziasentose@hotmail.com ( msn)
AND here: Luzia Sento Sé (facebook)
Anyway, I hope we can make our court the most interesting and thoughtful our MUN has seen!I want to see all of the future lawyers and judges showing their abilities! Let's give Mr.Bush and Mr. Al-Bashir what they deserve!
Love
Luzia
Back to top Go down
ICCChair_Jasmine
Noob
Noob
ICCChair_Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Dear delegates Like a Star @ heaven

I am your other caucus leader, Jasmine Howard, and am really excited about SALMUN 2010! I know we will have an amazing time this year… after all, we are PASB’s first International Criminal Court ever, which makes us very special indeed king

In the ICC we will discuss the crimes of Bush and Al-Bashir and hopefully bring them to justice! So as Luzia said, you will not have to write resolutions this year… but don’t worry, there are other documentations you will have to complete instead! ICC trials will not be going to GA; however, intense debate from judges, prosecutors and defendants will take place in the court.

Tomorrow is our first meeting during advisory; we will be meeting in Ms. Rosu’s room (103) where Luzia and I will give you a more detailed overview of what will be going on in the committee.

If you have any additional questions over the next couple months of preparation for the conference don’t hesitate to contact me through email (jasminesings99@hotmail.com), on Facebook or in person!

Congratulations for being accepted into PASB’s first ICC ever! I know you’ll all do great! And remember:
Quote :
“Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”
-Blaise Pascal
Your devoted caucus leader,
Jasmine
Back to top Go down
ICC Iran_Alana
Level 2
Level 2
ICC Iran_Alana

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Is with great pleasure that I am here today introducing my self to this year’s Special Committee, the International Criminal Court, as you all probably know, my name is Alana Cavalcanti and will be representing the country of Iran being a prosecutor in the Bush case. I hope this will be a brilliant and remarkable experience for each and every one of us, since it is completely different from everything we ever saw. Let’s get started
Back to top Go down
ICCUK_amanda
Yeah!
Yeah!
ICCUK_amanda

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Hello Smile I'm Amanda Kenner, and i will be the resprestative of the United Kingdom and will also be the prosecutor of case II against Mr. Al-Bashir, i'm honored to have been selected for this purpose.
Back to top Go down
ICC U.S.A_Etienne
GodLike
GodLike
ICC U.S.A_Etienne

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Hello everyone! What's up? I'm Etienne Pfister and I'm representing the USA. Ill be defending the wonderful man George Bush is! I am very excited for being in this year's Special Comittee for the 2010 SALMUN and i hope we all have great time discussing Goerge Bush's case, for we all here know that he is completly innocent of everything and anything! Let the discussions begin!!!
Back to top Go down
ICCAfghanistan _Liz
Noob
Noob
ICCAfghanistan _Liz

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Hello! I'm Liz Costa and I'll be representing Afghanistan, I'm honored to be chosen to be a part of this year's special committee. I am looking forward to discuss George Bush's war crimes, as we all here know Mr.Bush can be lots of things, but innocent. I hope we all have a great time and engage in fruitful debates!
Back to top Go down
ICCChina_Andrea
Level 1
Level 1
ICCChina_Andrea

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi! For those who don’t know me yet, my name is Andrea Veciana and I will be representing China. I am very excited to see how this new committee will work out and very thrilled, also, to be part of it! And remember, “It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.”
Back to top Go down
Sudan_Bruno
Level 1
Level 1
Sudan_Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi members of the ICC. My name is Bruno Alves (as all you you already know because of my Username) and i would like to say that im very familiar with the ICC since last year i defended Omar Al-Bashir in the African causus and i have prosecuted him as chad in Bramun. So if any of you need extra attention besides the amasin help from both of your chairs i can help as well. Besides the fact that I`m a lot coller! cheers

Now changing the corse of my post, i would like to mention that Al-Bashir is innocent from the point of view of the African Union and that Sudan never sined to the ICC treaty, so therfore he cannot be hold in its jurisdiction. But Bush.....

geek Eh NOIX!
Back to top Go down
ICC U.S.A_Etienne
GodLike
GodLike
ICC U.S.A_Etienne

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:30 pm

True, George Bush can be guiltly of some things... Things such as having been elected twice in a row president of the WORLDS MOST POWERFUL NATION (which all of you wish your country was as good strong and beautiful as the USA is) and having defended and protected its country after having two of the worlds tallest buildings be taken down in one of the worlds most powerful cities which happens to be New York, having an airplane crash into the Pentagon, and having another one headed right for the white house, where he would have been killed if it did reach its destination. he is guilty of having donated $15 billion to help with AIDS (just to let you know sudan, you have the highest infection rate in the Middle East and North Africa- there were 400,000 infected as of 2005, so lets not even talk about how it is now...) with $48 billion reauthorization that adds significant funding for tuberculosis and malaria, in first term, the US more than doubled development assistance to Africa and helped secure $34 billion in debt relief for 19 African countries, and for the tsunami of the indian ocean, in total, Americans donated $700 million, which was matched by $950 million more from the federal government. Sixteen thousand US military personnel, dozens of US ships, and more than 100 aircraft were dedicated to tsunami recovery, at a cost the State Department estimates at $5 million a day... do i need to continue? cuz wed have for quite a while here...
Back to top Go down
ICC U.S.A_Etienne
GodLike
GodLike
ICC U.S.A_Etienne

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:21 pm

guys plz for the G.B case lets talk on the other topic i have created (The Innocent Man's Case (George Bush))
thank you!
Back to top Go down
ICC Switzerland_Taty
Noob
Noob
ICC Switzerland_Taty

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Thais Batista and I am representing Switzerland this year in the ICC. I’m familiar with Omar Al-Bashir’s case since I represented Chad in the UNHCR last year. I hope we can have a fruitful debate about Bush and Bashir and find a peaceful ending for these situations.
Back to top Go down
ICCChad_gaelle
Level 1
Level 1
ICCChad_gaelle

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Hello delegates of the ICC!! My name is Gaëlle, and it is with great pleasure that I will represent the country Chad in the Criminal Court of Justice! I am very eager to start discussing the Omar al-Bashir case as well as the Bush case because they both have a direct influence on the happenings of my country.
Let the discussions begin! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome ICC members!   Welcome ICC members! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome ICC members!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SALMUN :: Debate :: International Criminal Court-
Jump to: